The Howl of the Wild
Writing Contest, March 1st through April 30, 2017
The Howl of the Wild Contest has ended.
“Wildness is the preservation of the World.”
― Henry David Thoreau, Walking
The call of the wild. The howl of the wolves. The roar of a river. The songs of birds. The rustling of leaves in the wind. The scent of damp earth and crisp air.
These are the sounds and smells of the wild.
But all of this is disappearing and there is a danger of these magnificent lands and the animals who call them home vanishing from our future.
We at Winterwolf Press are firm believers in helping save our wilderness, both in the world and within ourselves. In that vein, we are proud to announce our anthology contest entitled, The Howl of the Wild.
Starting March 1, 2017, we will open the gates to your amazing stories and poems. The top 10 short stories and 10 poems will be compiled in an anthology, with the theme of honoring nature and animals.
Sale proceeds will be donated to the National Wildlife Federation.
Contest is open to any writer, 18 years or older
Contest March 1, 2017 to March 31, 2017 (Poetry)
- Short story submissions extended to April 30, 2017.
No late poetry entries will be accepted after 11:59 pm PST on March 31, 2017.
- No late short stories entries will be accepted after 11:59 pm PST on April 30, 2017.
Writing submissions are unlimited
Each submission must be wholly original and not infringe on the copyright, intellectual property right, privacy right or any other right of any other individual or entity
Each submission must reflect a theme regarding nature and/or animals
Each submission must be aligned with Winterwolf Press’ mission of promoting peace, joy, magic and positivity in society’s creative consciousness
Each submission may be in the form of a short story or poetry; if a short story, the short story submission must be less than 8000 words; if poetry, the poetry submission must be no more than 1000 words
There will be zero tolerance for explicit and graphic sex or gore
An entrant may be disqualified by Sponsor should Sponsor determine that an entrant may be hindering the entry process and/or contest in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner in undermining the purpose and/or operation of the contest
- Previously published works are welcomed so long as author retains full rights and can be verified prior to publication
- Each entrant’s submission will be reviewed by the Sponsor’s Submissions Team
- Each entrant’s submission will be judged according to a mixed combination of the following elements:
- Theme (Sponsor’s mission of promoting peace, joy, magic and positivity in society’s creative consciousness)
- Selected winning entries will be included in an anthology to be published and distributed by Sponsor in format(s) as determined by Sponsor (i.e., print, audio, etc..), with all sale proceeds resulting thereof being donated to the National Wildlife Federation for the first six (6) months upon initial release of the publication, with proceeds thereafter being paid to Sponsor
- Selected winning entries will receive potential widespread exposure as a result of the published and circulated anthology
- Each winner will receive full writing credit for their entry in relation to the anthology
- Awards are non-transferrable and no substitutions are permitted
- Winners will be selected and notified on May 12, 2017, by email individually and an announcement of such winners shall be made on Sponsor’s website in Sponsor’s discretion as well
- Selected winners understand that they shall not receive any monetary or financial award or compensation of any kind, nor be entitled thereto whatsoever
- Winners understand and agree that any and all rights in and to their entries (written work) shall be granted, transferred, conveyed and/or assigned to Sponsor worldwide and shall revert back to winners after the first run of publication for the referenced anthology hereunder
- Winners understand and agree that Sponsor and its affiliates or contracting third parties shall have the right use winners’ name and likenesses in relation to the contest and referenced anthology/publication herein, including, without limitation, display, marketing and promotional purposes for Sponsor’s brand, list of achievements and/or future contests.
- Winners will be required to execute any and all paperwork reasonably necessary to effectuate the rights granted hereunder, including, without limitation, executing acknowledgment and release forms related hereto, name and likeness authorizations, documentation relating to the transfer of rights and etc..
- Unless expressly stated otherwise herein, any work, material, and/or product, taken by, submitted to, provided for or created through the use of any portion of Sponsor’s website, services and/or contest, is wholly Sponsor’s sole and exclusive property. Any unauthorized use of such property beyond the terms stated herein or any unauthorized monetary exploitation or financial gain resulting therefrom shall constitute infringement of Sponsor’s intellectual property and such entrant would be potentially liability for maximum damages, sanctions, disgorgement of profits, penalties and fines, as permitted by law
Choice of Law:
- Except to the extent preempted by U.S. federal law, the laws of Nevada, other than its conflict-of-laws principles, govern these rules and regulations and any disputes arising out of relating to these rules and regulations, their contractual effect and/or their subject matter, including tort claims
- If any provision of these rules and regulations are found to be unenforceable, that provision will be severed from these rules and regulations herein and not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions
These rules and regulations make up the entire agreement between each entrant, winner, on the one hand, and Sponsor, on the other, and supersede any prior agreements. You agree that we have the right to change these rules and regulations, or cancel/suspend/terminate the contest or any portion thereof at any time without any reason, and that it is your responsibility to check the Sponsor’s website on a regular basis to see whether any related announcements are posted thereon. These rules and regulations do not create or confer any third-party beneficiary rights. If we do not enforce a provision in these rules and regulations, it will not be considered a waiver. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these rules and regulations without our consent. These rules and regulations were written in English and to the extent any translated version of these rules and regulations, if any, conflict with the English version, the English version will control.
All who submit agree to these terms and conditions